Peru offers a favorable legal framework for foreign investment:
- Non discriminatory treatment: Foreign investors receive the same treatment as local
- Unrestrictive access to most economic sectors.
- Free transfer of capital.
- Free competition.
- Guarantee for Private Property.
- Freedom to purchase stocks from locals.
- Freedom to access internal and external credit.
- Freedom to pay royalties.
- Network of investments agreements and member of ICSID and MIGA.
- Peru participates in the Investment Committee of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – It promotes the implementation of the Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
Special Regimes: Legal Stability Agreements
Regime whereby the Peruvian Government guarantees:
- Stability of the regulations regarding non discriminatory treatment.
- Stability of the income tax regime applicable to dividends.
- Stability to use freely the most favorable exchange rate available in the market.
- Stability of the free availability and remittance of foreign currency, dividends and royalties regime.
- Stability of the recruitment regimes.
- Stability of the regimes for the promotion of exports.
- Stability of the Income Tax Regime
Special Regime: VAT Anticipated Recovery
Regime whereby the Peruvian Government grants the following benefits:
- Granting the return of the Value Added Tax during the pre-productive stage of the project (minimum 2-year term).
- Applicable to all economic sectors
- For agricultural activity it is not necessary to meet a minimum investment amount. For other activities the minimuminvestment amount is US$ 5 million.
- The project can be divided into stages, phases or similar.